• Hey there Guest,
    Welcome, and thanks for visiting our community! :)
    Use our forums to connect with other users, talk about your adventures in Terraria, post questions and answers, talk about things you'd like to see in the server/community, etc.

Servershop - Display seller name

Vaeldious

The Wandering Prophet
Former Staff
When using /ss search item, it lists "Selling (QTY) for AMOUNT each. Trade ID#." I know we can look up the seller name using the servershop.html page on the website, but it would be a lot easier to reference who is selling what, like adding " Trade ID# by PLAYERNAME." at the end.

Bippity

Professional Crastinator
Staff member
Administrator
I purposely left that out since character names can be very long and it shouldn't be necessary for players to know who they're buying from. :p
If there's a major push for this to be added, it can be easily done.

Vaeldious

The Wandering Prophet
Former Staff
Fair enough. I've been stocking /ss with a ton of goodies, and sometimes run across items other players are selling too, so i have to pull up serverstore.html to tell which one is my trade ID and match the price accordingly, so the items "stack" in /ss. If long character names are a cause of concern, I'd even be happy with a seller ID (like seller 104 = Vaeldious but would display "Trade ID# by Seller 104").

I know theres a ton of other stuff going on too, and i doubt there will be any push for now. Maybe once the 1.3.3.1 ssc server comes up I can get feedback from other players.

alect

Server Admin
Am his no. 1 client

White

Drop Bear
Staff member
Administrator
To be honest I quite like the idea of an anonymous trade system - no one knows who's selling what unless the trader tells people. My opinion is remove the seller name from the servershop page and keep the in-game command as-is

Vaeldious

The Wandering Prophet
Former Staff
Well, I actually like the concept of that. I'm really trying to find a way for a seller to identify their OWN products, for when I'm restocking /ss specifically.

Bippity

Professional Crastinator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I actually like the concept of that. I'm really trying to find a way for a seller to identify their OWN products, for when I'm restocking /ss specifically.
You can just type your own name in :O

Edit:
Ahh you meant in game.

Users who are viewing this thread