• Hey there Guest,
    Welcome, and thanks for visiting our community! :)
    Use our forums to connect with other users, talk about your adventures in Terraria, post questions and answers, talk about things you'd like to see in the server/community, etc.

Regarding Recent Chest Thefts

Vaeldious

The Wandering Prophet
Former Staff
Considering the issue with recent chests losing protection, and subsequently other players raiding chests, how feasible is it to raise the limit of protection-granted items? I'd put more objects down, but I've already hit my limit in the 3-4 days I've been here. Some other gaming servers have hardcoded limits (like SA:MP Max Vehicles Spawned in World), but still kinda new to Terraria.

Bippity

Professional Crastinator
Staff member
Administrator
Player chests lost their protection due to the most recent update where we tried to fix corrupted chests in the mineshaft.:oops:
If you want to re-protect your chests, just pickup and re-place the chests.

Vaeldious

The Wandering Prophet
Former Staff
Sure, thats the best resolution to the chest issue. I understand youre the dev of this, and just wanna say thanks for the experience so far, other then my horrible timing out issue (on my end though, satellite internet ftw). Ive done scripting/coding too, and you guys have a pretty cool system. I was just hoping the limit of protected objects could be reasonably and easily done, as I like to populate my section of the world with stuff, but I don't even want to put down another crafting station since I get the unprotected warning. Not sure if my "zone" being set as protected covers this, but I still wanna give semi-public access to some of the things I build, while protecting some of the stuff there too for appearance.

Bippity

Professional Crastinator
Staff member
Administrator
Ahh that's what you meant. I think currently the amount of possible protections is 2 since we haven't configured it yet.
We will definitely be fixing this in future updates.

Yes

Former Staff
Rip

Vaeldious

The Wandering Prophet
Former Staff
Yeah, very rural area of Florida. Considered dial up since it has better response times, but we had that like 2 years ago and I convinced mom to switch to anything but. The satellite speeds are great, when the 5gb monthly cap isn't reached (then it slows to 20kb/s), but even ping through command line shows any site/service with a 800-2000ms latency. Yes has to kick me a lot, and I stare at the "Requesting Game Tiles" for 3-4 minutes waiting for the serverside to time me out. Think I've got a stable connection now, by adjusting the MTU from 1500 to like, 1300.

But yeah, the question was really in regards to crafting stations, mannequins, and anything else someone might wander off with if its not nailed down with code.

EDIT: Its definately beyond 2, I placed several statues and chests (maybe 15-20, didnt count) before the message started popping up when i remove and re-place objects. Theres no dependable order of protection, other than the order they were placed, and I honestly can't remember what is and isn't protected now, so ive got my tomb with telepads for access. Seems a safe enough method so far.

Reactions: Yes

Vaeldious

The Wandering Prophet
Former Staff
Seems like we still have a thief/griever in our midst. Came back after a 2hr break to find my Seeds, Ores, and Gems chests completely emptied. The way my house is set up, everything was still locked (actuators/teleporter) with no apparent sign of break in. These chests seemed to have gone over the protection limit, and only a handful of people even knew about this house, however with no way to see who accessed the chest, seems the thief got away. I'm not concerned about the goods, as its all replaceable, and the thief didn't get my money (around 50 plat), it's more about a member of the community being such a shitbag.

Is there any progress on raising the protector limits?

Users who are viewing this thread