• Hey there Guest,
    Welcome, and thanks for visiting our community! :)
    Use our forums to connect with other users, talk about your adventures in Terraria, post questions and answers, talk about things you'd like to see in the server/community, etc.

Hardmode w/o Expert

GRAND DAD

So if I remember correctly, hardmode and expert mode are enabled on the weekend, and hardmode can be enabled for a few minutes for killing the WoF, but I cannot get far into it using either method. So, is there already/going to be a planned way to enable expertless hardmode for a decent amount of time?

Bippity

Professional Crastinator
Staff member
Administrator
Our most recent update back in June (Server updates) changed it to where hardmode is no longer auto-enabled during weekends, it will instead revert back to normal mode every 2 hours. Only Expert mode will be auto-enabled during the weekends.
Hardmode will need to be manually triggered by defeating the WOF.

The difference between the weekdays and weekends is that only weekends are Expert mode and Hardmode can last a maximum of 2 hours before being disabled. During weekdays, expert mode is disabled and hardmode can last only a maximum of 30 minutes if triggered.

So to answer your question
Is there already/going to be a planned way to enable expertless hardmode for a decent amount of time?
If hardmode is triggered during the weekdays (Mon - Fri), you have a max of 30 minutes of "expertless hardmode" before you need to defeat the WOF again.

If you believe 30 minutes is too short or there's a better solution, we're always open to suggestions :)

GRAND DAD

Okay, thanks, I was unaware of the exact times. I think that hardmode should last longer if you're the only player on the server (as you most likely need some time to prepare for the next HM boss/event/whatever for you, and the preparation time wouldn't be as long w/ friends). But either way, thanks for the speedy reply on this topic.

Bippity

Professional Crastinator
Staff member
Administrator
I think that hardmode should last longer if you're the only player on the server (as you most likely need some time to prepare for the next HM boss/event/whatever for you, and the preparation time wouldn't be as long w/ friends).

What would you suggest?

GRAND DAD

I would suggest doubling the time if there is just one player online at the time of beating the WoF, and then if another player joins during the first 30 minutes, it gets shortened to the standard time.

Users who are viewing this thread