• Hey there Guest,
    Welcome, and thanks for visiting our community! :)
    Use our forums to connect with other users, talk about your adventures in Terraria, post questions and answers, talk about things you'd like to see in the server/community, etc.

Server Ranks

Well, it's quite some time since I've joined the server, but after reading a certain sign on a certain spot in the SSC world, it reads: "Ranks are obsolete. Planning to revamp" (or something to that effect)

I was wondering if the Ranks on the world are still being used and the future ranking system is still in its works, OR the ranking is this: Guest, Not Valid, Valid, Helper, etc. without the other time-based ones.

I'm posting this here so that I (and many forum dwellers) could be enlightened. (And mainly because I don't think I saw a Server Rank post here, and if there's one it's not showing up on the usual category or on the search bar.)

So, let's get going. As I've said above the ranks are announced to be revamped. Will this be in the next server reset? Are the time-based ranks still- or will be used in the server? (seeing that the server is down, i don't think the latter question is necessary right now)

Thank you in advance.

Vaeldious

The Wandering Prophet
Former Staff
Currently, what is listed in the Tree is obsolete. As it stands, for casual players, there is only "Guest, Not Validated, and Validated" There are tiers beyond that, like "Trusted Members", that have to be set by @Bippity

To answer your question....yes, the ranking system is still in process of being implemented. However, with the timing of the most recent Terraria updates, this kind of question is rather fruitless.

With hope, we'll see a character reset come the start of next month, but a map reset is a bit more complicated; with this new update. Our devs are also obligated to t-shock first, and are also human and do things IRL

Resets arent exactly "scheduled" here, its simply when it becomes popular demand. I've been through quite a few resets already, and some days ive loggged in and it was (Question 1,2,3) then immediately after was a different tune. Suddenly, back to copper pickaxes.

Its all about enjoying the game, not in worrying about what is in the :if: category.

Quality over Quantity.

Thanks @Vaeldious. I was a bit confused at start about the ranks but you cleared them all up.
(also, doing for ulterior motive :D)

Vaeldious

The Wandering Prophet
Former Staff
Agreed, the ranking system should be pushed to a higher priority. Publicly, I'll concede that I'll do what i can to push it, especially since you arent the first to be confounded by it.

Users who are viewing this thread