• Hey there Guest,
    Welcome, and thanks for visiting our community! :)
    Use our forums to connect with other users, talk about your adventures in Terraria, post questions and answers, talk about things you'd like to see in the server/community, etc.

Unable to connect to server

Glitchy The Ghost

Former Staff
As of right now, whenever I type in the IP to go on, it is stuck on "connecting to [ ip ]"

The weird thing is that I go over to the TServerWeb page and I see that there's already players online.

Halp

L'Mond

Former Staff
Might be that your client hasn't updated yet? Or exit the game and reenter. I know that works for me...

Glitchy The Ghost

Former Staff
Might be that your client hasn't updated yet? Or exit the game and reenter. I know that works for me...
I've uninstalled and re-installed the game entirely and it still wont work. I don't think it has to do with updating or reentering.

L'Mond

Former Staff
Sorry about that :( anything back-end goes through White and/or Bippity.

Bippity

Professional Crastinator
Staff member
Administrator
That problem is usually related to your internet connection rather than the client. Try reconnecting to your router or rebooting it to refresh your IP and stuff.

Vaeldious

The Wandering Prophet
Former Staff
^^ I have to do that all the time. Sometimes an IP will get "locked" to the server until it eventually times out. The entire timeout process took me somewhere between 7-10 minutes, but it would get stuck on "Found Server" or "Requesting Tile Data 0%". As bip said, a router/modem reboot would usually force-resolve it.

Users who are viewing this thread