• Hey there Guest,
    Welcome, and thanks for visiting our community! :)
    Use our forums to connect with other users, talk about your adventures in Terraria, post questions and answers, talk about things you'd like to see in the server/community, etc.

Lost another chest

Vaeldious

The Wandering Prophet
Former Staff
Sigh. Seems like I'm the only one this is happening to. Lost another chest due to the "content duplication bug". This time it duplicated my rare frags/ore bars over my Raw Ores chest. Lost a lot of ores, including over 2000+ crimtane, chlorophyte, HM/EM ores etc. Is there any way of preventing this?

L'Mond

Former Staff
Sigh. Seems like I'm the only one this is happening to. Lost another chest due to the "content duplication bug". This time it duplicated my rare frags/ore bars over my Raw Ores chest. Lost a lot of ores, including over 2000+ crimtane, chlorophyte, HM/EM ores etc. Is there any way of preventing this?
I lost a chest of materials before the reset, but because of the proximity to the reset I didn't report it. It seems to happen only on terrible wifi speeds, because I encountered no lag or repetition after leaving that wifi.
Luckily for me, it was only potion materials and the like, but I can understand the frustration of possibly losing valuable ores just as Vael did.

Bippity

Professional Crastinator
Staff member
Administrator
I personally don't know how to prevent it besides getting a better connection.
@White might know?

L'Mond

Former Staff
Possibly optimizing switch time b/t chests? I notice that this never happens in SP.
To be clear, I know this is probably back-burner with TShock working on the changelogs, so I'm willing to wait.

Vaeldious

The Wandering Prophet
Former Staff
In reality, everything is replaceable....and yeah, it does deal specifically with lag and timing out that causes it to happen...the problem is detecting when I am timing out. I agree with Bippity, that likely only a better connection could truly resolve the issue, of which should be some time this month. In the meantime, it seems the only safe place to "store" items is in /ss. I've been listing bars (not the raw ores), so the loss was actually pretty limited, all things considered.

Users who are viewing this thread