• Hey there Guest,
    Welcome, and thanks for visiting our community! :)
    Use our forums to connect with other users, talk about your adventures in Terraria, post questions and answers, talk about things you'd like to see in the server/community, etc.

Resolved Alan - Repeat Offender, Griefing, & Plagiarism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beave

Builder
Player's Name: Alan
Reason for report: Repeat Offender, Griefing, & Plagiarism
Proof/Evidence of report: A snapshot attached

Additional Information: At first alan just placed signs on things saying he made them, yesterday he placed a sign on a tree me and Nogi made beside spawn stating that it's his I took it down as soon as I saw it and warned him. Today he did it again so I took it down and warned him saying it was the last time, then he claimed to have made a structure another player made which I saw the other player building it yesterday. Alan then got mad and started throwing bombs as seen by 2 players : Birdman Gandalf and Celfairy. The damage is seen on the snapshot attached below. He kept saying it was his and never stops. After blowing it up he built it again (same design) on top of the tree me and Nogi made which he self-proclaimed was his (I'm sorry I just snapped and destroyed the evidence before taking a pic of it) it made me angry ofc. That is all I could report

There were multiple eye witnesses of his Acts such as Celfairy, Birdman Gandalf, Pink, Yes, razor, and those who I forgot to mention but was present.

Attachments

• Capture 2016-06-04 20_30_37.png
    Capture 2016-06-04 20_30_37.png
    882.6 KB · Views: 340

Bippity

Professional Crastinator
Staff member
Administrator
The screenshot lacks user identification, hover your cursor over the player or provide some chat log.
While there are plenty of witnesses, since there's no solid evidence that Alan was the griefer, I won't be banning him permanently.
He'll receive a 3-day ban and we reinstalled our tile history feature so if he does grief next time, there will be solid evidence :).

You can see his ban @ https://bippityserver.com/banviewer.html

Yes

Former Staff
*Apologies, this is a really late night post for me, my thoughts are jumbled lol :(*

I really don't like taking sides, but I think Alan needs a 3 day IP or MAC ban as well.

Seems he's been using a different account to access the server under this "111111111" person; With this character he's been causing a lot of rage-related trouble socially (since he cant build/destroy).
At first I thought he might just have had the same real-life name, but after more observation it became more apparent. He logged on during Alan's usual time and was familiar with nora who often plays at the same time and is also a previous victim of his griefs.
Also should mention that he addresses me the same way Alan does normally and types just like him.

Here's a try-hard stash of chat log screen-snips I took, basically a ton of verbal abuse and pvping.

Sorry for stirring up the leaves again!

Alan using different account.PNG
Alan using different account 10.PNG
Alan using different account 7.PNG
Alan using different account 5.PNG
Alan using different account 4.PNG
Alan using different account 3.PNG
Alan using different account 2.PNG

Last edited:

Bippity

Professional Crastinator
Staff member
Administrator
*Apologies, this is a really late night post for me, my thoughts are jumbled lol :(*

I really don't like taking sides, but I think Alan needs a 3 day IP or MAC ban as well.

Seems he's been using a different account to access the server under this "111111111" person; With this character he's been causing a lot of rage-related trouble socially (since he cant build/destroy).
When users are banned, their IPs are also banned. Either the ip is spoofed or it's another player. But either way, this guy will be temp-banned for profanity/spamming. Thanks for the report :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread